March 24, 2011

Totally Unrelated Thursdays: My new haircut!

Hello lovely ladies! As many of you know, I am currently home for Spring Break and one of my favorite things about a visit home is that I get to have my hair cut by my favorite stylist ever! She's so great that I haven't even bothered finding a new salon to go to in the city I live in for college- I just know I would be disappointed. Why, you ask? Because not only is my stylist at home really damn good at cutting hair, but she also charges a mere $15. Doesn't get much better than that!

Photo from bestcelebrityhairstyles.com
My most recent visit I brought her this picture of Charlieze Theron and asked her to go a bit shorter. I love love love having short hair because I'm lazy, but unfortunately me being lazy about my hair ALSO means that whenever I get a great short cut that I love I inevitably let it grow out because I can't be bothered to get regular trims haha. 

First, here are some before photographs!






Basically, I liked the way my old hair looked from the front, particularly the side with bangs. However I hated the way the other side of my hair fell and didn't think they complimented each other super well.





My biggest complaint was the way it looked from the sides and back. I have a sort of weird hair texture where most days the top layer dries relatively straight but then the lower, darker layers are super wavy. You can see here how the weird waves kind of peek out from behind the straighter sections of my hair, and the longer my hair gets the weirder this effect looks. Also, i didn't feel like I had enough layers in the back and that it looked kind of blunt and boring.

And here I am after my cut!

You can see that the way my hair falls and it's texture look more consistant when it's short. In these pictures I had simply put in some anti-frizz cream and partially blow dried it, so this cut will look a lot more interesting once I experiment with straightening or curling it.  Short cuts are also great for me because if I'm in the mood to bring out my natural wave it's super easy to do with just some curl cream and a little scrunching. 

        


What do you guys think? 

Also, only four more followers until I'll post my 100 follower giveaway!!!! I'm so excited, so if you've been reading but not following please click that follow button already =P

13 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous. I'm probably going to go for the chop at the end of the summer as I'll be doing a little travelling then and my hair is too much maintenance to be bringing with me. I'm hoping for something similar to yours when I get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you =) Yeah go for it! For me it's always such a relief when I have short hair again haha. Yay for low maintenance hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! My hair texture is fairly similar to yours, so I know what you mean about the top layer drying sort of straight and the bottom layers being wavy. It is a bit of a pain.

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Miranda! Glad to hear that someone else has weird hair like me. The other funny thing is that I'm pretty sure my hair gets flatter and straighter the shorter I cut it, which makes absolutely NO sense haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute ^.^ i love your new haircut! I've always ben a fan of short hairstyles but my hair's too thick I'd have to style it every time even when I can't be bothered! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new hair cut!! It looks great!!

    katharinedianne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute haircut! you look great x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww babes i love it - it definitely suits your face shape even better than before! I think i have a complex about my hair, i had it cut short (against my will) when i was younger and have literally been growing it ever since! and its still not very long hhaha its just naturally past my shoulders! low maintenence is the key though, im lucky in that i can scrunch my hair up when wet and just leave it and it dries totally fine, but i cant wait to see what you do with your new locks!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw it's so cute! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh you look so great! Kind of like Scarlett Johansson at the 2011 Oscars. You look stunning :)

    fashionfrommary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness gracious you guys are doing wonders for my self esteem with all your sweet comments =D

    @LemonyEmily- I understand, I used to have super long hair and it was SUCH a big deal when I cut it, haha. It's funny how hair can be such a big deal to us girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cut, and perfect for spring/ summer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you leave a question for me, be sure to check back for my response or feel free to email me at embellishmentsbeauty@gmail.com!