January 17, 2012

Love it or Leave it: More Goodies from NYX!


A few weeks ago I posted a review of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and I mentioned that I had purchased them as a set on HauteLook. In addition to the lip creams I bought one other set with the idea of trying out some other NYX products, so naturally I wanted to share swatches and my thoughts with you guys! These won't be super in-depth reviews, but hopefully the swatches will be helpful if you're looking for something new to try from NYX =) 

NYX Blush in PB29 Amber




This is probably the product I'm most excited about. It's such a nice, pigmented blush and I love that it's so affordable at $5-6 bucks a pop. Amber is a pretty, peachy pink color that is subtle and not too shimmery. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for future bargains on these blushes!
NYX Retractable Lip Liner in MPL 14 Grape Fruit




I'm not usually a big lip liner user, but this is a beautiful color that will be great to layer with lip gloss. As you can clearly see it is VERY pigmented and is pretty comfortable to wear (I often find liners to be drying on my lips). The color is a bright, coral pink and I can't wait to bust this one out during spring and summer!



NYX Collection Noir Powder Brown Liner


This product was one of the main reasons I decided to buy this set, but I think it might be a bit of a bust. This is basically a loose eyeshadow coupled with a brush that allows you to use it as a liner. It sounds great in theory, but it is really, really difficult to apply without getting dark brown fallout all over your cheeks, which is not too cute haha. I'm going to keep messing with it to see if I can make it work, but I definitely won't be reaching for this all the time.


NYX Color Lip Balm in CLB08 Arigato



This product was the other minor disappointment of the bunch. NYX's attempt to join the ranks of tinted lip balms out there isn't bad, but it isn't great either. This balm is a pretty pinky peach  and has an appropriate amount of pigmentation for a tinted balm.



It's pretty on, and it also smells nice! However, the texture of the balm isn't great and its not very moisturizing either. The best way I can describe it is that it's almost sort of grainy. It just doesn't feel great on my lips!




Like many people, the extent of my experience with NYX before I made these purchases on HauteLook was the Jumbo Eye and Lip Pencils, so I'm glad I got to try other products and I'm definitely a fan! I hope you guys enjoyed this brief overview, and don't forget to enter my 200 follower giveaway before it ends on the 31st =)

16 comments:

  1. Great Review.. I love the NYX Powder blushes
    http://www.beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness. I need to go make up shopping now. You're so bad for my budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys =) And Anna, I know, and trust me, this blog is bad for my budget too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love LOVE their blushes, and lipsticks I own a ton of them!! But I have to warn you that their lipsticks can be hit or miss, so it's best to look at them through other people's swatches or at the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the tip! I've never tried their lipsticks but I'd like to so I'll be sure to check out swatches before I buy any =)

      Delete
  5. If they had an easier way to drop the fallout back into the container it would be awesome. I have a "liner" like that, but since I can't tap the applicator brush to drop the excess powder back in the container t's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a feeling the powder liner would an issue...The only thing I can think of to make it work a little better is maybe to wet the tip of the brush a little?? Too bad, but at least the blush and lip liner worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that lip color looks great on you! hooray for nyx products xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the lip liner, it looks nice and soft and really pigmented. I wouldn't mind trying some of their jumbo eye pencils I always hear good things. Great post xo

    Katelyn
    http://crosswiredreamers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that lip colour is gorgeous! I love how delicate it is!

    dp
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. People keep saying NYX is like the drugstore equivalent of MAC and I do believe it! I especially like their Round Lipstick and their Cream Blushes (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for reading everyone =) I'm glad to see all the fellow NYX fans out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorei as dias e seu blog, já estou seguindo!
    Beijos, Cristina
    cuidadosevaidades.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you leave a question for me, be sure to check back for my response or feel free to email me at embellishmentsbeauty@gmail.com!